Sunday 26 October 2014

A Student Mum ....and Good old Guilt


The washing has almost grown legs and the ironing is overflowing, where's mum ? Oh she gone to school! No time for cleaning or washing or planning Annabelle carmel dinners, beans on toast will do tonight! Every morning at half 5 mums up, packs the lunch boxes along with her books, walks out the door and run's for the number 9! Lilah couldn't stop me even if she tried she practically drowning in the piles of washing ! 

Any one else feel the guilt of it all?!?! More then anything right now I want to be a midwife but that doesnt stop me feeling guilty about leaving lilah to go study! Shes is that bit older now which does make it easier but still that longing to be that brilliant mum AND a midwife is a bloody pull!

But as they all say its the future I need to think about and its true, I want to inspire Lilah, I want to watch her face admiring me on my graduation day, I want her to see she can do anything, when you put your mind to it.

Iv got an image in my head, a picture of me standing under a tree on a sunny day, in my graduation gown, Jordan in a suit and Lilah in a dress ....... half the time, picturing this is the only thing that makes me stick at it.

I'll get there...... we'll all get there :) 





SO tips for a Student mum.....


Don't multitask We all know women can do it all. That doesn't mean you have to do it all at the same time! Dont trying to study while you make dinner, check your emails, chatting to the girls. If your brain is busy doing other things, you'll miss half of what you should be taking in. So make assign time to sit and do little bits at a time and do them in a certain area you made for your self to study..... I upcycled an old bureau to sit at.


The hardest part of studying is always getting started. Create a schedule for studying. If you sit down to study at the same time every day, it'll be easier to get into study mode.

And just don't punish yourself or make yourself feel awful about something that slipped your mind....things will be late and you will miss things and making your self feel worse about this is not going to improve it

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment